Saturday 10 March 2012

Red Splotch the Return!

I am now covered in shifting red continents and islands. Sadly for me, I itch abominably. We are still mystified as to the source but apparently it could be anything: pollen, washing powder, air... It should pass in 48 hours. Fingers crossed.

While I try not to scratch myself to ribbons, a quick explanation for the blog silence - quite simply I've been so tired lately I've been falling asleep while putting Plate to bed. By the time I wake up, it's time for grown-up bedtime. This past week has just been chocker - with what I couldn't tell you. But every sliver of time seems to slip through my fingers1.

Anyway, the Men have been painting and our hallway ceiling is now white as opposed to tobacco coloured and the kitchen is complete, right down to the skirting boards. Next: the living room. But first we have to empty it, which is a much more complex undertaking that we anticipated. I had forgotten about all my notes and files from my law courses. Half of me winces as I put them in the recycling bin, and the other half is relishing the symbolic end of this phase of our lives. My "study" is also in the living room, so we have to work out where to store our current paper work while we get rid of everything else. We can now see FBB's records, a welcome sight that had been gradually covered up by junk over the years.

Today we went to Sainsbury's for our weekly shop and Plate was in fits of giggles every time the trolley went over the tactile tiles. She actually squealed in glee! Then she was unleashed in the store and was excitedly touching and picking up everything she could get her little hands on. She was toddling here, toddling there and loving it all.

Tonight I got Daddy to put her to bed, which meant I could write this2.And watch Montalbano!

1. "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."
2. She went down surprisingly quickly. Wish she would for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be frank but be polite.