- sold the Mini
- bought a van & a super bike (of the cycling variety)
- lost and found the van key at Cineworld (that was fun!)
- sawed a sofa into a bits1
- visited Hull (and by extension the Deep and the excellent East Park)
- learned over 30 new words2
- walked a LOT
- discovered Tumble Tots
- got permission to put in a water meter
- bought a trampoline
- laughed at "The Boy Who Cried Ninja"
- enjoyed a Booker prize winner and a delicious book about Unmentionables
... among other things. Mostly, we have been spending money. However, we also have a room that is just leaking boxes full of stuff we can sell. Hopefully ,we actually do it before we run out of money.
|Can you find Plate? Because it took me a minute...|
I find that I am really enjoying being NOT a homeowner. The more I am NOT a homeowner, the more I question the conventional wisdom of being one. Sure, in 20 or 30 years' time, I wouldn't need to pay rent if I were a homeowner. On the other hand, I may also have maybe 10 years of lucidity before I would have to sell my home to pay for round-the-clock care in someone else's home. It may not even be me I would have to do this for. I am thinking that I need to acquire an asset(s) that would continue to add to the family coffers despite my state of creptitude3.
Oh, and the Dead Car Dilemma was resolved. I wish I had been there. More pics can be found... somewhere, when I get organised enough to sort it out.
1 Well, Uncle N did. FBB filmed it and provided a safe place for Plate to observe from.
2 Of course, Plate learned most of them!
3 Yes, Rich Dad is having an influence on me big time.